Subject: Re: [Leica] Dover USAF base photography & military funerals
From: =?windows-1252?Q?RUBEN_BL=C6DEL?= <ruben@rhodos.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:56:44 +0100

Kit
The people you mention here
„“Only the civil rights movement, women’s suffrage, the GLBT rights
movement,
organized labour, and a slew of other groups of people in struggle have
helped create the society that you admire. And it is only through constant
vigilance that we can ensure that those rights are maintained and
respected““
are the people that will be imprisoned tortured and killed in the
countries I mention - and as it might has been when the USA supporting
darlings like Pinochet in Chile and the Sha in Iran - I might be naive
but I truly hope that „get rid of the dictator - get a democracy - get
some money to start over“ politics will work
I do not want the rest of the world to adapt USA values and I do not
think that Barbie Dolls can contribute to woman lib in Afghanistan but
this time it looked like something happened - for once
Due to very loose rules of immigration we have had a large amount of
immigrants from states I would refer to as Fundamentalist. We have had a
very tolerant welfare programme allowing them to bring their entire
family to live on welfare and before we new it we became a magnet in a
sense. That would be very good if it had not backfired totally. These
people send their money back to terror networks and they even set up
cells in our country along with their Imams using our freedom of speech
do declare that we are infidels disserving to die and that the woman of
our country are whores and so on.
Even though we have used billions and billions of $ to try to integrate
them in our community, extra support in languages schools etc. etc. it
is like they will not be a part of our society - they rule by their own
traditional head of the clan system - forced weddings - punish anyone
within their own community that tries to reach out- get an education or
merry an Dane. They are still an enormous burden to our welfare system -
they have the lowest rate of skills and the next generation born in this
country has a crime rate so much higher then the rest. But it is not
like in the USA - they do not decent from slaves and so on - they have
had all opportunities to start fresh but in their ignorance the choose
to bring a long the black medieval times.
This is why I refer to them as they - if somebody let me into their
country - feed me - housed me and gave me the chance to educate my self
I would send the money I was given back to were I came from to support
terrorism - I would not force my daughters to go around in Burkas in a
modern society and I would not enrole with activities undermining the
society that feed me.
I believe that you Kit along with the people you respect and share
thoughts with on this whole issue will be able to make an impact on the
politics performed by the USA but your allies outside the USA will not
be the ones that shout anti-American statements and burning your flag -
your allies will be people that respect your country and because of that
respect and a lot of gratitude will try to put a pressure to the
president that no one seems to have elected - and get him to think straight.
I sill believe that Islamic Fundamentalism is the number one greatest
threat to the world peace and stability because it is circle around some
very sick, very irrational and very intolerant people - but that does
not mean that I do not respect the Islamic faith equally with all other
religions.
The war in Iraq is not a religious war - but it is a project that did
not go the way one could have wished but that is as much the fault of
fundamentalist groups trying to break down any steep towards democracy
in Iraq
I entered this discussing as a result of being feed up by so much
anti-Americanism in Europe you would believe I did not enter it to
praise your president.

best- ruben