Subject: [Leica] The Hind-End Part of Our Brains
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:31:56 -0500

At 10:41 AM 11/19/03 -0700, Kit McChesney wrote:
>The reason war is so "robust" as you say, as ever, is because it is comes
>from the part of the brain that is the most primitive, that hind-end part we
>share with reptiles.

A minor quibble, Kit.  Mammals (synapsids) are not descended from lizards,
snakes, and crocodiles (diapsids), while turtles (anapsids) are an entirely
different matter as well.  All three groups descend from the advanced
amphibians of the late Carboniferous, so, yes, we do share some brain
structure with the others but, really, the organization is quite a bit
different.

It is best to realize that, today, we have the ambphibia, anapsida
(turtles), synapsida (mammels), and diapsida (lizards and snakes, the
tuatara, crocodilians, and archosaurs (birds)).

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (RE: [Leica] The Hind-End Part of Our Brains)