Subject: Re: [Leica] film and scan questionsquestions
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:13:19 -0500

At 07:46 PM 11/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Somehow my questions did not get to the group.

Laurence:

I found it in my filtered spam.  I have no idea why it was considered spam!

>A few years ago Tina Manley sent me a digital print and after some
>exprimentation out went the darkroom. What films are people using for
>negative scans and are you shooting B&W or color and converting to B&W
>after the scan. Is anyone adjusting exposure to get a better scan later?
>
>Thanks again Tina

I'm glad I could help!  I'm still using TMax B&W but much less than
before.  For scanning, I prefer color transparencies - usually Provia 100
or 400.  I can use Digital ICE and not worry about dirt and scratches.  The
color converts beautifully to B&W with the option of adding any kind of
filtration I want.  And I still have the color file if I need the photo in
color for some reason.

More and more, I'm doing away with film and scanning totally and starting
with a digital file.  It keeps getting better and better and now that I can
use my Leica R lenses on my Canon 10D, I have the best of both worlds!

Hope this helps!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com