Subject: Re: [Leica] film is cheap
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:23:25 EST

In a message dated 11/20/03 12:48:40 AM, firkin@ncable.net.au writes:

<< I too used to think like this, but film is getting very expensive, and
it may not be long before it is a luxury item: digital is seeing to it. >>

I don't know.  It still costs more for a double, mocha, decaf, frappacinoed,
iced-mexacali smoothie at Starbucks, and that passes through one's system in
less than 12 hours than a roll of consumer FUJI.

I can get a roll of HP5 for about how much it cost me to be ripped off at the
gas pump during summer for JUst one gallon of hard fought, MTBE laden premium
gasoline.

My negatives last for as long as I will.  It's all relative how we spend our
moolah.

Kim

(who nevertheless curses digital marketing as we speak)

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] film is cheap)