Subject: Re: [Leica] Martin is NOT going COMPLETELY digital
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:14:20 EST

In a message dated 11/23/03 12:20:28 PM, mvhoward@mac.com writes:

<< As a side note: I thought that offering an R6, two justly famous R
lenses (60 macro & 90 'cron), motor winder, and a bunch of accessories
for $1,000 would see it sell quicker than the message got distributed
around the globe, but I was wrong. I guess it's a testament to how dead
this stuff is: the LUG appears flooded with "for sale" messages.

M. >>

I know a number of folks who would love to buy this so called "dead"
technology.  Unfortunately they are in "dead-end" jobs and need the $1,000 to pay for
rent, insurance, medical bills etc.  If you break it up into smaller bills I
imagine it would go quickly.

Myself, I sell ceramics/sculpture for a living and despite assurances that
economy is robust, I'm still seeing cautious buyers.   Hoping things will change
now that holiday, er, consumer spending season is upon us so I can take
advantage of you guys flocking to digital!

Kim

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] Martin is NOT going COMPLETELY digital)