Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: digital Leica - OR shutter lag on digital compact
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:01:39 -0600

Peter, the higher end dslr's have about the same lag as any autofocus camera.

The compact cameras such as the Digilux 1 and the Panasonic LC5 have negligible lag if you are set to manual.  It increases as you set features to auto, like color balance, auto focus, auto flash, red-eye protection and the like.  The thing that slows most cameras down more is the write time to the memory card.

There are discussions on this in the LUG archives.

SonC
http://www.sonc.com