Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: digital Leica - OR shutter lag on digital compact
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:35:00 -0800

Peter Metelerkamp wrote:

> Please forgive me if this is a question which has been
> conclusively addressed: I have searched photonet but not
> found clear answers. The most significant drawback in the
> digital compacts which I have seen, is shutter lag (second
> is their fiddly ergonomics). Is there one which approaches
> the lagless operation of a Leica M? If not, I will wait....
>
> Thanks for your indulgence.

The DIGILUX has a good rating for lag. One of the best if not the best
in the compact digital world. I'm sure they are taking about the lag
AFTER you've already got the thing in focus. If you are not prefocused
you might as well for get it.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com