Subject: Re: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd)
From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:11:59 -0800

"Chomsky is no mere ego. We have met and talked numerous times over the past
20 years and, in my view, he is a genius. Genius, in the words of Montreal
poet Irving Layton, is "simply the ability to see things the way they really
are."

And by what epistemology (worldview) are you defining things "the way they
really are"? Surely a Marx, Calvin, bin Laden, Bush, all have their
"ability" to perceive things (with total commitment) the way they think they
"really" are......Layton's words appear to be somewhat vacuous....