Subject: RE: Re[2]: [Leica] Proposed visit to Solms
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:37:16 -0500

Frank,
Not directly to your point but close: at my daughter's school, an
international school, you are required to be functionally tri-lingual by
the end of your sophomore year.  The French section fills up first, then
Spanish, and last German.  This year they are starting a Chinese section
and I suspect that will fill up before the German section.

An informal poll of the parents reveals that French is pretty, Spanish
is easy and useful in the U.S., German is way too hard, and Chinese is
cool but don't make me learn to write it.  One of the reasons the German
section is hard is that it is operated as if you were in Germany with
curriculum, textbooks, and requirements all set by the German
government.

I believe the other sections are operated more closely to the U.S.
standard which is not so rigorous.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com