Subject: Re: [Leica] Autumn colors in Sweden
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:35:52 -0800

Kit said.
> > Oh, I don't feel sorry. I think it would be a very interesting place to
be
> > ... I've often wanted to live in Alaska for that very reason. The
quality of
> > the light ... <<<<<

Kit dauling, light or no light it gets 60 below zero or "cooler!"  And I can
think of any number of places where the light is beautiful, like Malaysia
for one! ;-) You know those huge visually exciting fireball sun's rising or
setting out of or into the ocean, awesome!!!! While yer set up on a
beautiful sandy beach, palm trees, cooling breezes!!!  Nothing on but a
bathing suit with a cooling drink on a stand nearby! Now that's my idea of
doing "quality light" assignments. ;-)

And yep I've done the Arctic quality light thing on more than a couple of
occasions, mukluks, arctic parka,  big furry hat, thick mitts and ass
frozen! ;-) Ridng Inuit sleds for days out on the frozen Arctic ocean seal
hunting. Even got some neat pictures, you know as the sun sets but never
goes below the horizon then begins to rise again? Nice photo series of
exposures. However...........

It's boiling hot coffee, freezing cold and the next day it starts all over
again! ;-) The beaches are beautifully frozen snow and solid ice. :-) The
cooling breezes drop it another 20 degrees and before you know it nothing
will work no matter how careful you are trying to keep the Leica's and self
warm.

However, the quality of the light is truly amazing, unfortunately all you
can do is stand there frozen solid to the ground admiring it cause you can't
move and the Leica's wont "click!" ;-)

Some how the light quality of Malaysia has a warmer appeal. :-)

ted