Subject: Re: [Leica] DEADLINE IRAQ - Uncensored Stories of the War - CBC
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:13:49 -0800

Tim Atherton wrote:
> Those of you north of the border (or south who are close enough to it
> to get CBC) - this is a very compelling documentary about news gathering
in
> the Iraq War.

> "These are the stories that weren't't told by the media during the Iraq
war.
> CBC NEWS goes straight to the source, to journalists, camera
> operators and photographers from news organizations around the world, who
reveal the
> lethal risks they faced, as well as the untold horrors they witnessed."

> There was a one hour version on last night. The full two hour version
> is supposed on next Sunday on CBC at 10pm I think.> >>

For those of you interested in behind the scenes on site reports and
reflections by those covering this "war" that's been laundered from the news
it's a first class programme.

Instead of yapping on about borders you might take Tim's post as a serious
heads up and have a look at the  2 hour presentation Sunday evening. I saw
the hour version, rarely for me to waste my time watching war stuff at
anytime let alone for an hour. But in this case I was hooked by the
compelling behind the scenes look through those who were on the ground real
time. Unedited!

Lots of in your face "live-dead" material and direct comments by still's &
TV photojournalists also reporters. An excellent documentary of material we
didn't see and maybe a bit of an eye opener for those of you who've never
been on the ground on a reporting - photo assignment. It also shows cameras
and reporting aren't a shield anytime! :-(
ted