Subject: Re: [Leica] DEADLINE I*AQ - Uncensored Stories of the W*r - CBC
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:17:43 +0000

Useless information number N+1
In Scotland if you fish for Salmon and Trout inland you have always
been, in my experience, a "fisher". If you go out to sea in a boat
perhaps fisherman may have been used - I am not sure, perhaps fisher
folk. The village my wife comes from on the Moray Firth coast has two
quite geographically separate sections, the fishers cottages crammed
into the low flat area near the harbour and the shops and others on the
higher ground. Traditionally the fishers cottages were painted the same
colour as their boat, lovely photographs. The whole coastline is
exceptionally beautiful though the cold keeps holidaymakers away.
The fishing villages are sadly dead now, there are no fish left.
cheers
Frank