Subject: Re: [Leica] Alaska - the absence of light
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:58:42 -0800

on 11/24/03 11:10 PM, Jon at jon.stanton@comcast.net wrote:

> "My primary desire in moving to Alaska, besides the interesting light, of
> course, is the wide open spaces with very few people in them! It appeals to
> my desire to be a hermit! ;-)"
>
> Say hello to Moose Petersen  (oops...he's a Nikon guy)

Alas, Moose Peterson lives in California, in Mammoth Lakes on the eastern
side of the Sierra Nevada.  I knew a pair of Leicaflex-using wildlife
photographers in Alaska: Helen and Cecil Rhode, who were in their 70s 20+
years ago.  Their son lives in Kenai AFAIK but he's a Canon guy.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com