Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: martha quote NOW: who does and teach? ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:19:52 -0800

Kit McChesney said:

> Thanks, Ted. Truth be told, I hope anyone who does it professionally
> (photography) does it for love. Otherwise, not worth doing! <<<<

Hi Kit,
Well that's the way I've always approached anything I do. In particular
photography for the past 53 years. :-) I've always felt when one has many
years of experience in their profession, one has a moral obligation to give
back to the profession what that profession has given you.

"Experience for others to learn by."  Seemed a reasonable thing to do.

This came about because when I was learning photography,  nobody in the
professional ranks would tell you anything because they were afraid a new
comer would steal their customers.

So at that time I swore if I should ever become a professional I'd never
deny anyone an answer to their photographic questions.

It's the way I've enjoyed this wonderful love affair with photography that I
never want to end.:-)  So yes, "does it for love." is the only way. :-)
ted