Subject: Re: [Leica] tetons...the trees
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:54:40 -0800

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: [Leica] tetons...the trees
> from a very recent trip... autumn in the tetons
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-56826.html<<<

Hi Steve,
Good one! But may I suggest a couple of things. Minor nit-picking. ;-)

1/
I think a slight crop off the bottom to just take the lake? or river? off.
Just come into the land mass very slightly to clean the bottom off. It also
will give you a cleaner base line rather than the shore line against the
hills.

I know this sounds a bit nit picking but I think because it's a slightly
lighter area at the bottom against the darkness of the rolling hills, it
actually takes away from the sunlit trees. Which by the way, was well worth
shooting as it once more points up the value of understanding and
appreciating light quality for a successful picture.

2.
Now this is something you'd have to play with slightly to see how effective
it might be. And that's to increase the contrast to make the sunlit trees
pop out more. Or possibly a slight burning in to just lift them away from
the mountains more so.

But I'd play with the contrast to see what happens. Sometimes the screen
doesn't show the print at it's best quality.

Other than that it's very well done and I could see it as a fine-art print
on the wall of office, home or gallery. :-)  Good on you! :-)
ted.

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] tetons...the trees)