Subject: Re: [Leica] The limit of DSLR resolution...
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:15:25 -0500

Getting to this a little late, I can see that your Leica images are
sharper looking.  I was starting to think it was a focus issue, but I
think it is the glass.  If you look at the decoration on her sweater in
http://www.dmk26.net/tmp/IMG_0482.JPG you will see a bit of a flare.
Were the D60 pics taken with a consumer zoom lens.  Looks like a thin
haze of vaseline.

I do find the difference in size a bit distracting and when you unsharp
mask you change what we see so this makes the comparisons a little more
difficult.  You might try resizing yours to the same magnification as
your friend's and showing us an unsharpened scan.  Even turn the Ice
off.  We can tolerate a little dust.

Interesting comparison!

Mike D