Subject: RE: [Leica] The limit of DSLR resolution...
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:37:57 -0500

Richard,
I would check my slides with a loupe as frequently, most scanners just
don't pick up the detail that is there.  The Canon sensor is quite good;
probably the best sensor around 6mp, but that is not what film can pick
up.  Try going back to your slide, confirm the focus on your scanner,
and after the scan use a rather large amount of USM on the file.  Try
something over 200, 1.5, 0 and you will find a lot of detail coming out.

As for saturation, Astia would not be the film I would use for
saturation, 100VS or Provia perhaps.  In Photoshop you can add
saturation which is no different than what the Canon is doing.

But, your example demonstrates to us all the simplified work flow that
digital creates: really good images with not much work compared to
scanning film.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com