Subject: RE: [Leica] Compulsive consumerism?
From: "Kit McChesney" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:57:51 -0700

The keyword here is "FUN." If it isn't fun, why do it? (I quote Ben and
Jerry's here ...)

Leica purchases (or any other shiny doo-dad)--and of course, using
them--should be fun. If owning every new model, and every old one, and
anything in between, brings you pleasure, and you can afford it, then why
not? All the bah-humbug in the world about the latest and greatest is just
that ... naysayers have never been much fun to hang out with! And if you
want to travel light, then sell off what you don't use, and let someone else
have some fun with it. Why not?

Everyone I sell to is absolutely delighted to be buying and enjoying their
purchase. They write to me all the time to tell me so. They are some of the
most delightful people I've ever had the good fortune to work with, bar
none.

Kit