Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic getting better
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:13:43 -0800

><Snip>
>
> Editor sitting safely in office thousands of miles away sipping his morning
> coffee says," go left and tighten it up."  There's a big bang, screen fades
> to black!  Editor says, "Oops did you step on a mine? Oh sorry!"
>
> Sip, sip, "next shooter in."  Digital and directing editor eh? jeeesh!!!!
> Now that really is scary!
>
> ted
>
> --

I'm with you Ted but I'd just seen this in this Natchwey DVD that has
turned my head around in many a way.
On the other hand Natchwey has rolls and rolls of Tri X, (not T-Max 400)
casettes to label with a black permanent marker and send off at the end
of the day.
He's got two bodies which he exchanges lenses with. It would seem
obvious one was digital and one was Tri x. But it also appears his
digital captures get printed in black and white. I'd wondered about if
this kind of thing was going to happen.
Have other people seen this DVD on this list?
He has his Canon's set to M for manual and uses an incident light meter
to apparently find out which aperture he needs to be shooting 250th of a
second with.
It really appeared he was a "250th of a second and be there" kind of guy.
Very impressive.
A UV filter with no lens shade I'm not going to argue with.
One just watches and learns. Does not argue with a master.

I'll say that as much as I'd rather not shoot war's I'd rather not shoot
famine even more so.
I'd rather dodge bullets any day than be confronted by this in person.
I'd not even for one minute consider not seeing this DVD.
Few would not be rendered very humble by this mans integrity. Show in NY
and all.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com