Subject: Re: [Leica] Breaking PLUG Commandment #1
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:08:04 -0800

Bob:  Oops, you're right.  But it isn't the processing, it's me doing my
editing when I should have been asleep.  :-)  In my zeal to avoid blowing
out the boy's shirt, I left the whites a bit too gray.  Do note though,
that it is an available light picture shot in pretty dim conditions. Shot
from Ted Grant's Famous Shadow Side (TM).  Reposted, it should be better now.

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/StLouis/4-29DanRach.htm

The original, for comparison
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/StLouis/4-29DanRach0.jpg

The film was Tri-X, the processing courtesy of Ballard Camera here in
Seattle.  They actually develop B&W by hand in Xtol 1:1, then run you proof
prints through the color printing machine (and they're really black and
white, not Sepia-Green or Murky Magenta).

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from robertmeier@usjet.net (Re: [Leica] Breaking PLUG Commandment #1)