Subject: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:51:42 -0800

http://www.leica-camera.com/digitalekameras/digilux2/index_e.html

"To ensure the best pictorial results, the lens, the sensor and the
electronics are optimally tailored to one another. The 2/3-inch CCD
sensor is very large for its resolution of 5 million pixels. This
combination of a high-performance lens and a large surface per picture
element produces an extraordinary pictorial quality. "

They call it "The "analog" Digital camera" and that's what it looks like
to me.
Much better than what we even expected from previous peaks at the Panasonic.
Should not have been unexpected as the DIGILUX 1 looks terrific as the
Panasonic version of it is an eyesore.

I think this is truly amazing!
And will make up for the horrible wait for the R series back somewhat.

It will be interesting to place bets on who wins the sales race.
DIGILUX 2 or CM.
The CM sure looks mouth watering. But it shoots FILM!!!!!:( 	Weird!!
I'm undecided with camera LOOKS more cool. They've sure got their act
together in the Looks department at Leica. But I think they're doing
more than OK in the results area as well. I think these cameras will
deliver and rock Leica. As soon as THEY are delivered.
I'm going to go watch "Deliverance".

Mark Rabiner

Maybe instead of them coming out with a digital CM like I thought
they'll come out with a Film version of the DIGILUX 2!   :)
As THAT's the one which is going to sell like hotcakes and feasibly
alter how Leica is perceived in the market.
The CM might sell like room temperature cakes.

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)