Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:37:21 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> It will be interesting to place bets on who wins the sales race.
> DIGILUX 2 or CM.
> The CM sure looks mouth watering. But it shoots FILM!!!!!:(     Weird!!

I played with the CM at the Leica open day last Saturday, and it IS a very nice
camera. If I were in the market for a film compact camera, I would buy it. It is
much better than the Minilux. But of course I have my two CLs so no need for the
CM in my case.

> I'm undecided with camera LOOKS more cool. They've sure got their act
> together in the Looks department at Leica. But I think they're doing
> more than OK in the results area as well. I think these cameras will
> deliver and rock Leica. As soon as THEY are delivered.
> I'm going to go watch "Deliverance".

I am afraid that I largely agree with BD's assessment of this one. I handled it
too, and while the manual focusing works better than on the Canon G5 or Olympus
5060, the Leica, given its size and price, is really more comparable to the
DSLRs, and with those you get much more for your money. I shall remain analog
for the time being.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman