Subject: [Leica] Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:00:01 -0600

B.D.:

>No, that's not US$$, that's an appalling joke! $1800 for a fixed lens, 5
>mpg point and shoot?

As opposed to $1800 for the Olympus E1?  5 meg, as well.

Ok, sure you can swap lenses for the Olympus.  But the Leica comes with a
28-90 mm f/2 - 2.4 zoom.

The main difference that I see from the pictures and specs is that the
Olympus looks like an SLR and the Leica looks like an M.

I'm using $1800 for the Olympus as the price quoted on B&H's website.

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)