Subject: RE: [Leica] Formula for calculating f/stops
From: "Tom Smart" <tom@sleepytom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:24:22 -0600

Oh, I was thinking people could save it to their computer.  If anybody wants
it as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet they can ask.  But as Henning already
noted the equation is like this when opening up the lens:

http://www.sleepytom.com/increase.jpg

and like this when stopping down the lens:

http://www.sleepytom.com/decrease.jpg

where delta-f is the absolute value of the change in f-stop (a 1/2-stop
decrease represents a delta-f of 0.5, and a 1/2-stop increase also
represents a delta-f of 0.5).

Tom