Subject: Re: [Leica] 'Flex SL battery or -ies
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:58:18 -0600

I had my SL modified by Leica USA to use the Alkaline version and they work
fine, although life is a bit shorter.

Gene

                      Doug Herr
                      <telyt@earthlink.net>               To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] 'Flex SL battery or -ies
                      -alto.ca.us

                      12/03/2003 08:09 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

on 12/3/03 4:54 PM, Stan Yoder at vze2myh5@verizon.net wrote:

> Pardon my iggerance, but what type cell(s) does this cam use?
>
> Private reply best.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stan Yoder
> Pittsburgh

It uses a single PX625 mercury cell, which is no longer generally
available.
I'm still working off the stash in my refrigerator so I haven't tried many
other options.  The C.R.I.S. adapter for 76 mercury cells at first trial
doesn't seem to work right, giving me low battery checks.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com