Subject: RE: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:19:54 -0600

Chris

Unfortunately new Leica glass is out of the question right now.  I am
looking for a WA, probably a 35mm Summicron.  I have found a mid to late
first generation Summicron, sn#206xxx, for a decent price, but on the other
hand for the same money I could get the 35/1.7 CV and another CV lens.  I
am split 50/50 right now on the decision.  The CV lenses have gotten great
reviews both here and other places, but from what I can tell all of the 35
Summicrons are excellent choices also.  Maybe someone here can help me by
giving me some info...How are the old Summicrons on flare and also how are
the CV lenses in this same respect?  I guess one thing positive for getting
the Summicron is that I just happen to have a hood for one. ;-)  Eventually
I will buy new Leica glass when I can afford it.

Gene

                      "Saganich,
                      Christopher/Medical Physics"        To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>                cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  RE: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo
                      -alto.ca.us

                      12/03/2003 10:28 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Gene,

Having the same decisions to make, and often making the wrong decisions,
I've found that sticking with the newest Leica glass was the final decision
for my favorite focal lengths, 35-90, and for the less favorites I readily
consider vintage Leica or new CV, which is quite good.  Just my 2 cnts.

Chris Saganich