Subject: [Leica] OT- Clinchers & bikes
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:02:12 -0500

Hi Ken,

Correction: I mistyped: it is a 1987 Bianchi sted 1985.

I ran sewups for years, long after I gave up racing, and still have a fine
pair of wheels and tires hanging in the cellar, along with the dead soldier
rims of another era (Ambrosio Cronos with a couple of flat silks still on
among them). But these days on these busy roads, I took up clinchers (on
fine wheels built by my racing advisor -- Campy high flange), and while they
are clearly not as quick as tubulars, they are closer than I might have
thought. My Brooks Pro is needing replacement, though, and I'll get another.

It was about 15 degrees this morning when I woke, so I think riding for this
year will resume inside (fixed gear ancient Fuji Pro frame, with clinchers).

Keep cranking.

Bill