Subject: Re: [Leica] Media management software
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:20:20 -0800

I think these two are good. Filemaker Pro handles photos to, like Canto.

Extensis is working a Panther fix for Portfolio. If you work in a
multi-OS environment (i.e. Windows and Mac) there is a bug, but in the
networking Extensis doesn't want to fix, but I have a script that fixes
is. But other than that, Portfolio works great in OS X, and should
again with the Panther fix.

iView Media Pro is really getting good too so I hear. Don't know how
good the latest version is. But it's pretty popular and a lot of Pros
use it.

Right now I'm getting ready to phase out Portfolio. We're moving to
TEAMS from Artesia. It's a $500,000 DAMS that Getty uses for their 88
million images. It's more than enough for my employer. That is, if
Windows doesn't make it unusable. We're the first installation to use
Windows Server on Oracle 9. And it's been a bumpy start. I wish we'd
gone Solaris like Artesia recommends. :-)

On Dec 4, 2003, at 9:53 AM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> But there is iView MediaPro - which I looked at and it seems nice, as
> well as
> the Portfolio software from Extensis.
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen, philosophers, and divines. - Ralph Waldo Emerson