Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: TheLEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:56:29 -0800

On 2003-12-05 mark@rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) thoughtfully wrote:

>"Raw seems less raw than Nikons NEF which is their Raw. And in which you
>can adjust the white point and EV's as if you were just taking the
>picture. Only you are at your computer dealing with an image which you'd
>taken in the past. To me that's pretty amazing. And a bummer Photoshop
>can't save it back into that format.

But that defeats the entire purpose, doesn't it? After you have processed a
file's RAW image in photoshop it's not RAW any more - all the work of assembling
the camera's pixel data has been done to show it to you. Taking that image apart
again to simulate what the camera's chip has output would create artifacts and
gain you nothing.

I think.

Adam