Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50mm/f2 DR lens
From: Luc Bourgeois <luc@forcemajeure.qc.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 01:07:34 -0500

Hi Don.

Around 1988 I had a wonderful DR 50 mm, it had punch and smoothness.
Unfortunately it was stolen along with the very nice M3 it was coupled
to. (I made two mistakes leading to the camera's theft, but that's
another story.)

I've recently acquired an DR that's a bit soft because of subtle but
overall internal fogging or haze. The inherent tonal qualities of the
lens are all there, except for sharpness, which makes it an interesting
choice for portraits. Nevertheless I'd still like it to be sharp, the
hell with blemishes and pimples. And there's my question: are you
saying this haze can be properly removed?

Luc