Subject: [Leica] R4 AE lock switch Please help U R G E N T !
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:59:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys
was hoping someone could tell me where the AE lock
switch is located on the R4. After pulling out the
mirror box I still can't see it and I don't want to
break that down too unless I have to. BTW: by AE lock
switch I don't mean the one that gets switched when
you partially depress the shutter release , I'm
talking about the one that gets closed just before the
mirror swings up freezing the light setting. When that
switch ain't switching the shutter stays open longer
in AE mode because the last reading it gets is from a
blacked out mirror box! Anyway, the last time I worked
on an R4 was 10 years ago and I don't remember where
it is. I thought it might be near the magnets but no.
It should be a momentary ON I would guess.
Any info on where it is would be helpful.
Thanks
Javier