Subject: [Leica] Art Galleries!!!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:27:58 -0500

LUG:

OK, guys, every time I go to a local art gallery featuring photography I
have to come back and vent my spleen with this group to get re-grounded.  I
attended a workshop today in Charlotte on hand-coloring given by someone
whose work I admire at times; however, in the same gallery were photographs
that we were shown as examples of outstanding hand-coloring work.  They
were photographs of dolls in fairy-land landscapes and most of the
landscapes had been heavily over-painted with no relationship to reality or
anything else that I could see.  Of course the artist's statement was very
profound and would be a good example for the artist's statements that we
were listing this week.  The hand-coloring expert had inkjet photographs on
display in the gallery, too, and she referred to them as giclées, a term
that I have been told is no longer used by any but the most pretentious
galleries since it is French slang for ejaculate!

Sorry.  I spent $125 on a workshop and $100 on materials and I should have
known better.  How can I continue to be taken in by the art community!!  I
need an immunization shot of some kind.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com