Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW? - Three Informal Portraits
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:34:54 -0500

Hi Barney,

These portraits are pleasing enough, though I offer
that the background is a bit cluttered, especially on
the last 2 photos.  You need to find an angle so that
the background work with the subject;  otherwise, make
the background less intrusive, by blurring it with a
wide aperture, or find a angle with a plainer background.

Given the situation, myself, I would work harder to include
the background, as it is part of the subject itself.  Given
that the backgound is very geometric, I would pay particular
attention to where the different lines are.

In the 2nd photo, the angle is too high, so does not include
more of the photos on the wall.  I'd like to see more of them,
or much less of them (just a hint of their presence), or none
at all.

In the 3rd photo, the angle is lower, and works better for
the photos on the wall;  it would be better if Matt's head
was placed against the plain part of the wall.

Anyway, just my opinion.  Thanks for posting, as I like looking
at photos in a photo forum.

- - Phong