Subject: Re: [Leica] Art Galleries!!!
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:28:27 +0100

Hi Tim,

I agree that I was a bit too hasty when I included the "uninteresting things"
comment. You are right, many great photographs have been made of seemingly banal
objects or scenes. After all, one of my favorite photographers is Martin Parr
who has taken banality to an art form. But his images are technically exquisite.
What I was objecting to are the images that are technically inferior without any
thematic justification for disregarding technique.

As for size, I have nothing against big prints, I certainly enjoy them, but a
big print of puke on the ground is not better than a small print of puke on the
ground.

Nathan