Subject: [Leica] Moving to B&W, recommendations please
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:34:09 -0800

All these talks about T-max and Xtol... so I want to go back to B&W. I will
likely do my own processing using the Jobo. SO agitation and temperature
control is not a problem. I don't have a real darkroom so my preferred
method of working will be similar to what I do with color slides - develop
in the Jobo, then scan in using the Nikon LS-4000 scanner. I don't have a
very good solution for B&W output yet (I have a Kodak 8500 dye sub and an
Epson 1280, both can do decent B&W, but not great B&W) but I will address
that one way or another. Most of my picture taking are done in the ASA400
range, occasionally I would use ASA1600.

I think I would like film with good tonal ranges, decent sharpness and of
course scan well. So given those information, what would you recommend?
Should I just go with Eric's comment that
***
Talking about tonality, nothing I've seen can touch Press Maxx developer
for beautiful tones with both TMY and TMX. TMX is simply amazing with it.
***
Thoughts? Thanks!

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Moving to B&W, recommendations please)