Subject: RE: [Leica] On making Art
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:45:14 -0500

> So, a piece of art made by throwing mud at a canvas,
> or someone yelling  out their message... gets you off? :)

:-)
Perhaps not getting me off, but if I feel the expression
genuine, might consider the message for a while, then may
or may not come to appreciate the particular form.
I can imagine though some future masters rigorously
defining and elevating the techniques of the mud throwing
school.  Do you not like any graffiti art ?  Rap music ?
What about Eminem ?

I didn't mean to summarily dismiss form and techniques
though; it is after all the vessel that carries the
message.  It's the restriction to certain "valid" forms
that I am against.  Art history is full of examples of
bastard forms that become much appreciated high art at
a later time.

- - Phong