Subject: Re: [Leica] It's snowing! It's snowing!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:04:12 -0800

on 12/10/03 5:12 PM, langhans at langhans@compwrx.com wrote:

> There's big and then there's BIG and MASSIVE.  Mt. Rainer is BIG and MASSIVE
> as it towers over the surrounding mountains.
>
> http://www.peakbagger.com/peak/rainier.htm

Of course we've been limiting the discussion to the lower 48... BC and Yukon
have stuff that make the rockies look small, and then there's Denali:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/land/denali.html

18,000 ft more or less from the base to the peak, and its foothills dwarf
the Sierra Nevada.  That's big.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento