Subject: [Leica] et Thee to the Archives Before It Is too Late
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:24:46 -0500

Greetings, Keith, and welcome.

This forum has on several occasions discussed the various merits and
demerits of the spherical and aspherical 35mm Summicrons.  A perusal of
the LUG archives will overwhelm you with information on this matter.
Suffice it to say that some people love the spherical and others love
the aspherical.  Nobody seems to hate either expression.  Adding to your
confusion may be the fact that there were several versions of the
spherical 35mm Summicron produced, referred to as I through IV, and,
further, some are of Canadian origin and some are German.

My advice is for you to look in the archives and return with specific
questions about the lenses if you have any.  An open ended question at
this moment is likely to degrade into, "I have lens X and you can pry it
from my cold, dead fingers."  "Oh, yeah?  Well, I have married lens Y to
my M-4 and this is the greatest street kit ever conceived by God."  You
know, that kind of enlightened and informative exchange.

Best regards,

Buzz Hausner who, truth be told, owns both a spherical and an aspherical
35mm Summicron and likes them both for different reasons and situations.