Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:RE: Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OS
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:11:24 +0100

Félix López de Maturana wrote:

>  Again, I sincerely believe price do not correspond to real costs but to
> selling opportunities. I may be wrong but only Adobes know. BTW in 1965 some
> not very clever university made me a graduated in Economics.

Of course. That is true for all products--the price of most products is what the
market will pay and has nothing to do with production costs. A barrell of Saudi
oil costs about $2 to extract but sells for the same price as a barrell of North
Sea oil whose production costs are much higher. A Hermes bag probably costs more
or less the same to produce as any garden-variety bag but sells for several
times more, etc. etc. Adobe is entitled to ask whatever price they wish for
their software. If it is too high for you, you are entitled to vote with your
wallet and not buy it, but there is no moral right to steal it.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands