Subject: RE: [Leica] OT- War Photography
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:19:25 -0500

Photos and wars -

WWII - Capa's Dying Soldier; Capa's surviving Dday shots; George Roger's
Blitz rescue images; Gene Smith's GI's holding dead baby on Pacific
island...Post Hiroshima devastation photos...First concentration camp
liberation  photos...Raising of flag on Iwo

Korea - As Ted said, David Douglas Duncan's close up images of tired,
burned out Marines...

Vietnam - Malcolm Browne's burning monks; Nick Ut's napalmed girl; Eddie
Adams General Loan executing VC prisoner; GI's photos of results of Mai
Lai massacre; Larry Burrow's color shot of wounded GIs awaiting
evacuation; Larry Burrow's b&w of anguished crew chief with dead door
gunner at his feet...

Rwanda - James Nachtwey of man with machete scar across head and face...

Gulf War I - Incinerated Iraqi;  Turnley photo of GI just realizing that
body bag he's sitting next to holds his best friend -

Palestinian-Israeli conflict...they all run together....

'War on Terror'.. Nachtwey 9/11 portfolio - Firemen raising flag in WTC
wreckage...

Iraqi Invasion.... ??