Subject: RE: [Leica] OT- War Photography
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:28:21 -0500

What other organization? If the AP doesn't transmit it doesn't reach the mainland, if it ain't in the times it doesn't make history.  I think we all know this even if we don't like to admit it.  Of course it still exists, that's not the point, it's what is allowed for mass consumption, why doesn't anyone see the difference.  What's allowed and not allowed has never been shown to be arbitrary or capricious, therefore call it censor or an editorial decision, or banned, there is no difference in outcome, the same content never gets through and it happens without fiat...a sort of self imposed mass filter against information which may jeopardize our deep beliefs about our self, our participation in our affairs, society, what ever would cause us to question the status quo, or what's known
as a "crisis in Democracy."  The "60's", an era many of you guys are probably proud of, was considered a "crisis of democracy" then and now.  I have no problem with people who decide to tow the line, as long the know that is what their doing, and that there are many different lines to tow.

Chris Saganich

because any other organization or individual can chose to transmit the same thing.

Don't forget, the particular image we are discussing has been published,
printed, reproduced, in many places and forums - it has hardly been
'censored.'

B. D.

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography)
Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography)