Subject: RE: [Leica] Miserable Failure
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:55:00 -0500

Excuse me, Adam - But what could that post possibly have to do with
Olympus. (For one thing, the digilux point-and-shoot fixed lens pseudo-M
is hardly competing with the Oly E-1 - what it's competing with is the
Olympus C5060 high-end P&S, the Canon G5 - not the Digital Rebel or D30
or D-60, and whatever the Nikon p&s is these days. ;-) ) What I'm
saying, if you can get the Red Dots out of your eyes and  off your
tongue long enough to read it, is that judging ANY camera by the
gorgeous prints they show you at company headquarters is like judging
the performance of a car by looking at the prototype at the autoshow. I
wouldn't suggest that anyone be stupid enough to judge an Olympus
digital based on $250 30x40s produced by a company known for the
miracles it can work with digital scans - I'd say judge it by what your
printer can produce at home. And I'd say the same thing about the
digilux.

Most sincerely

B. D.