Subject: [Leica] Go to the front of the line
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:58:39 -0500

This has little to do with leicas anymore, but keith said:

>I do not know about Illinois.  You probably could not do this in Wisconsin:

[snip]

>2. Give preferential treatment to some classes of persons in
>providing services or facilities in any public place of
>accommodation or amusement because of sex, race, color, creed,
>sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry.

In 1999, linda and I went to see "the world is not enough" at 16th and
walnut here in philadelphia. Also opening was a movie which I think was "Set
it off", about four african american bank robbers, but it might not have
been, anyway, queen latifa was in it, and there was a huge line at the
theater. Maybe 100 people, of which linda and I were the only white people.
So we got in line and it got closer and closer to the time our movie was
supposed to start and the line wasn't moving. There were six or seven police
officers outside the theater and eventually, one of them came over to linda
and I and said "you two, come with me." he walked us to the front of the
line, the theater manager unlocked the door, let us in and said "go get your
tickets". I'm not sure if they just like white people more, or if they
assumed we weren't there to see queen latifah. We were the only two people
in the theater to see james bond though. That was kind of neat. But I wonder
why they didn't ask the line "is anybody here for the james bond film
starting in 6 minutes?"

There were no leicas in the movie, but I think I saw a leica in "the french
connection" last week.

kc