Subject: Re: [Leica] OT "Newspeak"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:45:39 -0500

At 12:56 PM 12/22/03 +0100, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>Sheesh ... I heard a press conference earlier where the phrase "attacks
>against the homeland" turned up. I thought "what the ...". Surely he means
>"attacks against the country."
>
>Then I realized that progress has been made. The ultimate in PC (political
>correctness). Now of course, the fascists would like to refer to "attacks
>against the fatherland" but that won't work. That's not correct because of
>a gender bias. "Homeland", that'll do it. Man PC has really made an
>impression. :)

Daniel

I am embarrassed to admit that my nation has created a title which Heinrich
Himmler would have been proud to bear, that of Reichsführer für Heimhat
Sicherheit.  Oy vey!

Adopting excessive measures to guard ourselves against a nebuloous threat
is to surrender to that threat.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!