Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 Black & White Tip
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 06:39:42 -0800

Gee after reading these 2200 stories it scares the heck out of me, now hate
to tell you our story.

Our 2200 :

Out of the box, plugged in, printed!!!!

That's it, no fiddling, no diddling, no settings, no re-settings and wham
Bam thank you ma'am beautiful prints, both colour & B&W just the way we use
our M7 Leica's! :-) And the worst part? We never read much past, well we
sort of looked at the first few pages and away we went.

It started spitting our these magnificent colour prints that were / are
beauties.  B&W on glossy paper carries a slight sepia tone, but that was
fixed quickly.... stopped using the damn useless paper for anything
important and only for 4X6 happy snaps.

All B&W prints 8.5 X 11.00 and 13X19 are Archival Matte or Velvet Fine Art
paper. Exhibition prints being prepared for Women in Medicine are on Velvet
Fine Art and they are rich full range prints.

Now that I've told you folks what we did, KISS'd it, it could become a bad
omen and we'll run into the screaming mimmies of screwed-up B&W prints. ;-)

I suppose our "luck" may come from my KISS way to photography, the less you
screw around with the dials the better things work! :-) I realize lots of
folks don't appreciate this simple manner to photography and it's attendant
bits and pieces. But that's the way I've done it for a very long time and
generally it works.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this printing subject, just thought you
might like to know our story. ;-)

ted