Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:23:19 -0800

The Summilux-R, wide open at 19.5inches, isn't for the faint heart either.
Missing focus on a relevant area by even an 1/8 of an inch is usually
disastrous.
While many have maligned the 50 F1.4 in both R and M configurations, I have
found them to be incredible performers. I've only had three to judge from,
and maybe got good batches by luck.
I just got a few rolls of Agfa Ultra back from the lab. I have feeling
they've decided the fate of the Noctilux-M.
I've heard, and read comments on Ultra's tendency to shift toward the
yellow, at slight over exposures. I've yet to see that happen. I've been
using it at ISO64, but I think that I will go to ISO50 to see if it still
holds up.
Slobodan Dimitrov