Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:17:06 -0800

I agree with you there, its close-up performance is poor to say the least.
I'm using the 50 'lux-R hand held at anywhere between 4' and 19.5". At those
distances I have to work very carefully, and even then It's usually one
serviceable shot out of 6-12 shots. Considering that I can take 1-3 working
shots handheld with a 4x5, that's a very low ratio. The ratio with the
Noctilux is even more unpredictable, something that at one time situations I
can't affordable, with maybe a shot or two per roll of film. That aside,
when my last daughter was born, all but a couple of shots with the Noctilux
were a keeper.
S. Dimitrov

>From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:  Re: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
>Date: Fri, Dec 26, 2003, 1:47 PM
>

> Regardless of being able to see the plane of focus, a properly adjusted
> wide base rangefinder is more accurate than a reflex viewing system
> with a 50 mm lens. That said in all probability the focus plane of the
> Noctilux may well be unusable wide open and focused closer.
   It can hardly be described as crisp at 1m.