Subject: RE: [Leica] DoF, was: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: "Leonard J Kapner" <ljkapner@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:42:40 -0800

Simon,

As you suggest, I regularly use my Noctilux at smaller apertures (up to
about f/5.6) for the flare resistance and unique bokeh characteristics of
this lens. To use it voluntarily with aperture settings that produce little
or no margin for focus error doesn't make much sense to me - I'd rather push
whatever is in the camera or swap to a faster film and put up with
contrasty, grainy images, than produce a beautiful spectrum of greys with a
missed focus point!

Yeah, I know, I'm old school!

Len
Leonard J Kapner
E-Mail: ljkapner@cox.net
Tel: (310) 377-5060 / Mobile: (310) 291-0140

- --