Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:07:49 -0700

On 2003-12-28 <sethrosner@direcway.com (Seth Rosner)> thoughtfully wrote:

>A former sea-farer myself, I share with you the emotions that her port entry
>calls forth. Again thanks.

I went to Europe in the mid-50s with my parents on the SS UNITED STATES. I have many vivid memories of the trip including passing the QUEEN MARY in mid-ocean. We had excellent weather on both trips. The scrap books are in Davis, however, so I don't know what passage cost.

It definately made an impression though although after a brief stint on an aircraft carrier by far the most miles at sea were on submarines. Lousy view but smooth ride unless you're at PD (periscope depth) in heavy seas.

Adam