Subject: [Leica] Re: Assistance on a Camera Bag
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@vif.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:35:22 -0500

Doug Herr wrote:

"In this situation I carry the 400mm Telyt and an SL loaded with K64 on an
across-the-chest strap with a quick-release buckle.  This way if a bear or
moose should make an appearance I'll be prepared."

Doug, I don't know what kind of Lagavulin rations your bears and moose are getting
down there for sedation, but up here our  bears and moose won't be deterred by a
primed RPG, never mind some old 400mm f6.8 lens hooked up to an SL loaded with slow
slide film. Prepared, maybe -- for Captain Crunch time!

Seriously, I'd use one of the across-the-chest harnesses or, if there's a chance of
rain or snow, a proper-sized waist pack with easy opening cover.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal